What is carrageenan? If you are not familiar with this substance, there is no doubt that you will ask this question. Well, carrageenan or Kappa carrageenan is actually a familiar food ingredient because we can find it almost everywhere in your food product. It is known as natural stabilizer made of red algae which enable the food to benefit in structure, texture and also physical appearance.
The Usage Of Carrageenan
When we are talking about carrageenan, we must not forget about what is the usage of this ingredient is. As mentioned above, it is widely found in a food product. Here are some of the abilities of carrageenan that you may like to know.
- As for suspension of chocolate. Here, this substance works in chocolate milk to suspense the chocolate in the milk.
- To add a creamy texture. It is also possible for carrageenan or Kappa carrageenan to create a creamy texture in a food product such as low-fat yogurt.
- To keep meat so that it remains fresh and moist.
- To maintain or protect protein nutritional value.
Nutritional Facts Of Carrageenan
When it comes to nutritional fact, there are many sources which say that carrageenan does not provide any nutrition when it is used for food or other things. It is considered as a safe food ingredient that offers some functions like those we have mentioned before. So, what makes it a good choice for a food product? It is because:
- Carrageenan is considered as a safe ingredient since it is free of animal fat and gluten.
- Carrageenan is also approved as a halal, vegan and kosher diet which make it a good option to make the food friendly for Muslim and vegan.
- Carrageenan is less costly than another alternative ingredient for maintaining organic foods.
Those are some of the facts about carrageenan. If you need to find a supplier, you can visit Kappacarrageenansuppliers.com.