Hypo is a common thing for diabetics. It is a condition when your blood sugar is low and you need to do something for the effect and also the length of the problem to be decreased. If you have diabetes or you just want to stay healthy away from this problem, this following information will be useful for you.
How to Know that You Have a Hypo
Before we learn about how to treat this problem, it must be great to be alarmed with the signs or symptoms that are coming when we are having this problem. Here are some typical symptoms of hypo:
- Getting difficulty as you try to concentrate
- Feeling wear or tired all of sudden
- Feeling dizzy
- Overstated mood swings
When you find those signs, it is a good idea to check your blood glucose so that you can ensure about your blood sugar level. Since the symptom of lower blood sugar is also possible to happen on someone that has higher blood sugar, you need to do blood glucose testing to make sure whether your problem is about the lower or the higher one.
How to Do to Treat a Hypo
Then, here are some of the steps that you can take to treat your hypo.
- Seize a fast-acting of sugar source: you need to have glucose as soon as possible when you have a hypo. You can take glucose table for a quick option.
- Drink sugary beverage: you can also find a sugary beverage. It will help you to increase your glucose, so it can be a good option s well. You can also take several sweets or sugar lumps to help you get a quick boost of sugar.
- Have some carbs: the last, you may need to have some carbs as well. You can have it from bread, cereal bar, banana and other foods which provide carbs.